Tuesday, March 17, 2015

That Time We Scared A Chinese Woman

Dear friends,

As Mark Twain said "I have found out that there aint no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them”. You may think you know a person but I think that putting yourself and the other one in different situations is how you can find who you truly are. Or who the person next to you is ;) I love traveling, be it alone or with friends or just with random company. I do not mind being thrown along alone in the world with just a backpack (Well now I do, as I have this awesome husband next to me!). Being on the road, traveling is something that raises you up and opens up your eyes. Traveling with friends pushes your limits and you have to find common ground: where to go, where to eat, what to see, when to see it and so on... 
 ***
I loved going with Magda - my awesome civil wedding witness and bachelorette organiser ;) you surely remember her - as she is a very upbeat person with loads of energy and she is always great fun to be around to. She lived in Uk, in London, for some time and in 2012 she said she will take me with her when she will visit London. It was one of the greatest trips in my life and I loved it! In June 2012 we boarded the plane and headed to London. We did not know that we would be there at the same time as the celebration of The Queen - The Diamond Jubilee - but I admit it was a blast! The whole city was buzzing around - I bet more than the usual... Every house/flat/block had decorations and flags and people would wear UK colors and be proud of their Queen.
***
We wondered around town a few days and we managed to get even to the China Town - the pictures stand as proof! I was so much in awe with the city that I did not even got a chance to shoot as many pictures as I usually do but I always had the camera in my hand. We realised that all the pictures we had of both of us in London were selfies done in mirrors or whatelse, so I came with the idea to ask a lady to take our picture there.
It was a Chinese lady who was passing by with a bunch of Chinese newspapers. I immediately talked to her and asked her to take our picture. I placed the camera in her hand and I took from hers, without asking, the newspapers - but I did tell her I can hold them while she takes the picture as I can see it would be hard for her to do so while holding them as well. My bad! She made huge eyes and as I talked with Magda later on, we think she may have believed that we were going to run away with the papers and leave her... with my camera... huh! Really?! But you can see the papers in my hand and I can tell you I gave them back and bowed for her as she was nice enough to help. After giving back the papers she smiled, bowed, and went off on her business... Yes ladies and gentleman, this is how I frightened a Chinese lady and it was all my fault... maybe I was too quick about it... It is all about tradition and other nations customs - next time I will try to pay more attention in order not to scare away nice ladies who might do nice pictures of me and my friends ;)

Yours truly,
The LadyBug That Loves To Travel